The purpose of this page is to
inform visitors to our website of the kind of information that we collect, when and how we might use that information, if at all, how we safeguard that information,
and the choices each visitor to our website has with respect to their personal information.
We primarily use the information to provide our visitors with a more personalized experience that delivers the information, resources, multimedia files, and services that are most relevant and helpful. We will never share any of the information that is provided to us with third-parties, unless we specifically indicate as much herein or when we are required to do so by law.
Anyone who completes the contact form on the St. Mark Coptic Orthodox Church of Chicago website will be asked to provide personal information (for example, name, e-mail address, telephone number, and so on).
We will never request any proprietary, confidential, or personally identifiable information (such as a Social Security number; date of birth, driver license number; credit card number, or bank account information). Submitting any sensitive information on our website shall be done at your own risk. We will not be held liable to you for the consequences of any such submission.
Information that you provide to us through this website will only be used so that we may respond to inquiries or requests for further information. We may also use the contact details you provide to us to communicate with you at a future time. If you do not wish to receive any such future communications, you may opt out as described below.
When you visit the St. Mark Coptic Orthodox Church of Chicago website we may track information about your visit and store that information in our internal website server logs, which are records of the activities (page views, points-of-entry, points-of-exit, and so on) on our website. The servers automatically capture and save these pieces of data electronically.
Other examples of the information we may collect include:
- Your unique Internet Protocol address;
- The name of your Internet Service Provider;
- The city, state, and country from which you are accessing our website;
- Your browser type (i.e., Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari);
- The number of and specific links you click within our website;
- The date and time of your visit to our website;
- The web page from which you arrived to our site (your "referrer");
- The pages you viewed on our website;
- The information that we collect helps us with overall website administration, as we may choose to analyze use of our website, protect the website and its content from inappropriate use, and work to deliver a more satisfying experience for future visitors.
track information about their visitors. Cookies are small pieces of data sent to your web browser from our server and stored on your computer's hard drive. We use
cookies to help remind us who you are and to help you navigate our site in the future. Cookies also can tell us where visitors go on a website and allow us to save preferences for you.
We take appropriate security measures at all times to help protect your personal information from accidental loss and unauthorized access. However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized persons will always be unable to defeat our security measures. It is our steadfast policy to never sell, rent, or lease our mailing lists or other user data to any third-parties at any time.